Selamatkan Yaki Education Assistant Job Description
The Selamatkan Yaki conservation programme part of Yayasan Kinatouan Pelestarian Alam is seeking to expand its programme team to fulfil the aim of reducing the threats to Macaca nigra and their native habitat. To this end, an opening has emerged for a skilled individual to support the expansion of our programme. Education Assistant (EA) will join the EARS (Education and Raising Awareness Strategy) team and play a crucial role in advancing the program’s educational objectives, fostering awareness, understanding, and active participation in the conservation of Yaki species and their habitat.
- Duration of contract: 9 months from starting date; with potential to extend subject to business needs and funding availability
- Intended starting date: 1 January 2024
- Location: Manado, Northern Sulawesi, Indonesia; travelling within the region will be necessary.
- Benefits: 15 days annual leave, Indonesian public holidays, fully covered BPJS Kesehatan, fully covered BPJS Ketenagakerjaan, personal vehicle maintenance if used predominantly for work
- Hours of work: Variable, depending on job requirements, but expected to be around 40hr per week over 5 days a week, occasionally work on weekends (exchanged for working days)
The Education Assistant (EA) has the core responsibilities of supporting the education team to roll out a variety of education projects. The EA will engage with our key stakeholder groups including local community leaders, forum representatives, school staff and students among others. The Education Assistant (EA) plays a key role in organizing educational activities, supporting and carrying out outreach on the ground and working closely with stakeholders to boost community engagement and awareness.
- Assist in the development and implementation of EARS activities aligned with the goals of the Selamatkan Yaki conservation programme;
- Collaborate with the Education Coordinator to ensure the effective execution of education initiatives;
- Contribute to the creation of educational materials, including curriculum, lesson plans, and visual aids, to support outreach and educational activities;
- Facilitate educational workshops and activities within local communities to raise awareness about yaki conservation and biodiversity;
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders;
- Assist in planning and coordinating educational events, such as workshops, seminars, and awareness campaigns;
- Ensure logistics, materials, and resources are effectively managed for each event;
- Support the development of communication materials for educational outreach, including social media content, newsletters, and press releases;
- Assist in representing the organization at educational and community events;
- Maintain accurate records of education program activities, attendance, and outcomes;
- Prepare regular reports on educational initiatives, highlighting successes, challenges, and areas for improvement;
- Support the Education Coordinator in budget planning and monitoring for education-related activities;
- Ensure cost-effective use of resources within the EARS unit.
Required skills and characteristics:
- Enthusiastic, dedicated with a proven experience in related areas;
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Strong communication skills;
- Proven capabilities in supporting logistical coordination;
- Strong administrative skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
- Familiar with conservation issues relating to Sulawesi (or Indonesia);
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic environment;
- Full, clean driving license (SIM A).
Desirable skills and characteristics:
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English;
- Relevant forestry, conservation or education bachelor’s degree;
- Understand theoretical background to conservation education approaches;
- Skills with design and logistical arrangements for any media productions, including videos;
- Experience in supporting or co-supervising education activities under field conditions.